Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Amiga

Nora (my best friend from Grinnell) moved to the apartment above mine! Our families are practically related and now we can walk to school and our families spend time together on the weekends! We had to promise to speak in Spanish and we are really making an effort. Also, there is a park where her father takes the dog for a walk, so we can run! I knew I would miss running, but the thirty minute walk to school and back helps. Pedro woke me up this morning, and for a moment I forgot where I was...but he was asking for my keys and it only took a minute to remember that I needed to respond in Spanish. This week we are choosing internships for the second part of the program....it is hard to decide because there are several great options in the health / social work fields.

No comments: