Tuesday, February 27, 2007

some notes...

-My mom is coming in May for about ten days...so now I am starting to plan some possible adventures!
-Last night I understood my first Spanish joke. Pedro came into the room as I was doing my homework and he said, "there were two tomatoes in the refrigerator... and the first tomato said "Que Frio" (or how cold) and the the other tomato said "AHHH a tomato that talks!"" He was so excited that I finally understood a joke, so he proceeded to teach me a couple of knock-knock jokes as well.
-Beer is cheaper than diet coke at some restaurants.
-When the mail arrives at CIMAS (the school) everyone gets really excited and runs around handing out any letters and packages. It felt like Christmas when I received a wonderful letter from E. Jach today!
-I purchased "Little Miss Sunshine" in Spanish for $3 but it has a different name.....
-Nora and I walk daily to and from school and along the way are many little stores, all selling mostly the same things. The big news was that the tiny store close to our building sells phone cards and the lady that works/runs the store is great.
-In 2000, Ecuador adopted the US dollar, however, they have their own coins including a very useful 50 cent silver piece.
-Ecuador has a special type of mango that is palm-size and amazing.

1 comment:

Shannon Cabeen said...

Those pictures are amazing phoeb's. Ecuador's as green as Ireland!! I'm up early right now for school. I'm about to hop on my bike and face the cold. It's cold in LA rite now. :(. I was so great talking to you yesterday. I'm so excited to hear your mom's coming to visit. well I gtg to school but you keep writing, i'll keep reading. lol. xoxoxo love ya man.

-shannon